I believe that good medicine is rooted in the wisdom of traditional Chinese medicine, adapted to the needs of modern living. From fertility to pain management to digestive issues, you’re covered.
I am proud to offer the following services:
- Chinese Herbal Medicine
- Women’s Health
- Acupuncture for fertility
- Medical Qi Gong
As a specialist in integrative reproductive medicine, I take a comprehensive approach to your care integrating acupuncture, Chinese herbal medicine and nutritional supplements (when appropriate), and individualized health and lifestyle recommendations. Reproductive health issues that I address include (but not limited to):
- Regulating ovulation and menstrual cycles
- Stimulating growth of healthy uterine lining
- Regulating hormonal activity
- Endometriosis, fibroids and PCOS
- Improving sperm count, morphology and motility
- Modulating side effects of fertility medications
- Speeding post-surgical recovery time
- Enhancing ART success rates
- Pelvic floor issues and postpartum recovery
What is acupuncture? Acupuncture is an ancient Chinese method of encouraging the body to promote natural healing and to improve functioning. This is done by inserting hair-thin needles at very precise acupuncture points along meridians, which are energetic pathways in our body where Qi, or vital energy, flows. Just as a traffic jam may cause a buildup of cars leading to distressed drivers, a block in our Qi can cause illness and pain. Acupuncture helps to restore the healthy flow of Qi.
What should I expect?
While acupuncture doesn’t hurt, one does feel the sensation of the acupuncture point, often described as a dull ache or tingling sensation. Many people report feelings of calmness and clarity for hours–and sometimes days–after an acupuncture treatment.